- 12 x scallops cleaned with the coral removed (use frozen or ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 2-3 x tbsp olive oil
- 2 x shallots or 1 small white onion finely diced
- 100g x Tempus No. 8
- 100ml x white wine
- 150ml x single cream
- 200g x frozen peas (blanched)
- 200g x broad beans (double podded and blanched)
- 1 x small bunch tarragon finely chopped
- 1 x small bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 x a lemon
- 1 x large, fresh baguette or 8 x slices lightly toasted sourdough
Pat the scallops dry and set aside on a plate.
In a large frying pan heat half the olive oil and fry the shallots for 5-7 minutes till starting to soften.
Add the Tempus No. 8 and fry for a couple of minutes whilst breaking it up with a spatula or wooden spoon.
Add the white wine and cook off till reduced by 2/3rds (about 5-6 minutes). Add the double cream and reduce by half, then add the peas and broad beans and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add the herbs and juice of the 1/2 lemon. Season to taste and set aside.
Heat another frying pan, lightly season the scallops and when the pan is hot add the oil, and lay half the scallops in the hot pan flat side down. Fry for 2-3 minutes then turn each one over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Take the scallops out and set aside keeping them worm and repeat the above process with the remaining scallops.
Place 3 scallops per plate and spoon around the fricassee and serve with the fresh bread!!