Mrs Middleton's Tempus No. 8 Potatoes
An original recipe by Whizz Middleton, a long-time supporter of Tempus Foods and also the creator of the award-winningMrs Middleton’s products. Whizz produces a range of brilliant cold-pressed rapeseed oils, mayonnaise, dressing and stoneground flour at her beautiful Bedfordshire farm.
Whizz recently shared this tasteful recipe with us, which is too good not to share. Incorporating Tempus’ Foods very own No.8 and Mrs Middleton’s Cold - Pressed Rapeseed Oil with Garlic. This potato dish is quick, easy and unbelievably tasty.
TEMPUS NO.8 & GARLIC POTATOES
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 500g of new potatoes
- Handful each of chives, parsley, sage, basil, oregano, finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 150g of Tempus No. 8 (roughly chopped into 1cm cubes)
- Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
- Boil the potatoes until soft
- While they’re cooking, mix the chopped herbs and sliced spring onions with the crushed garlic & rapeseed oil. Or try Mrs Middleton’s superb “Cold - Pressed Rapeseed Oil with Garlic” instead of crushed garlic.
- Coat the potatoes in the herb dressing and season to taste
- Spread the herby potatoes out into a roasting dish and sprinkle over the cubes of Tempus No. 8
- Add a generous sprinkle of Parmesan and roast in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is crispy
More about Tempus No.8
Tempus No.8 is a soft spreadable salami paste, which is fully aged and a ready to eat product. Perfect for melting in a pan, it’s great when wanting to add flavour to a traditional pasta dish. Or spread it on almost anything, whether this is on cracker as an evening snack or on a toasted crumpled topped with prawns.
HOW DO WE MAKE NO.8?
We harvest the salami, remove its natural casing and then pass the fully aged product through a fine grinding plate, finally we mix through the fresh spices to complete the process.
Tempus No.8 is truly like no other product on the market. Its identity is its own.