Another brilliant dish from Tom Salt. A long-time supporter of Tempus Foods and also executive chef of the London restaurant group Manicomio and the city staple that is Canto Corvino. With his Italian style, he has created a flavourful recipe: Pappa al Pomodoro with Tempus Foods’ Guanciale & golden marjoram.
PAPPA AL POMODORO WITH GUANCIALE & GOLDEN MARJORAM
- ½ Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Tomatoes
- 2 Slices of Sourdough
- Finely slice garlic and dice vegetables
- On a medium heat fry garlic with olive oil. Then add vegetables and keep on a low heat with lid till tender (no colour)
- With boiling water, cross and blanch tomatoes to remove skin. Then cut into quarters to remove seeds and add to the pan with the vegetables
- Heat for 10 mins and add the tin tomatoes.
- After, use the empty tomato tin and fill with water and add to the tomatoes.
- Tear 7 basil leaves and add to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove crusts from the sourdough bread and break into small pieces and add to the tomatoes
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes until the bread has absorbed into the soup.
- Lastly, garnish with thinly sliced guanciale, olive oil, pepper and majoram leaves.
A perfect product to add that extra touch to your dish. A sow jowl cured in coriander, fennel and black pepper. Smoked for 20 hours before aging for a further 3 months.