Another original recipe by the brilliant Whizz Middleton, a long-time supporter of Tempus Foods and also the creator of the award-winning Mrs Middleton’s products. Whizz produces a range of cold-pressed rapeseed oils, mayonnaise, dressing and stoneground flour at her beautiful Bedfordshire farm.
Recently, Whizz shared her tasty Tempus' No.8 potatoes recipe. Once again, she has used our No.8 but this time to create a butternut squash dish like no other!
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 10 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic rapeseed oil
- Salt & pepper
- Packet (150g) of Tempus No. 8 – roughly chopped into 1cm cubes
- Handful grated cheddar
- Cut the butternut squash into slice approximate 1cm thick, then in half so that they are semi-circles. Lay them out on a non-stick baking tray.
- Drizzle with the oil, add a sprinkle of salt & pepper and then roast at 180 degrees (fan) for 30 minutes or until soft and sticky.
- Once cooked, pop into a baking dish and add the courgettes, spring onions & Tempus No 8.
- Add the grated cheddar on top and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden.
MORE ABOUT TEMPUS NO.8
Tempus No.8 is a soft spreadable salami paste, which is fully aged and a ready to eat product. Perfect for melting in a pan, it’s great when wanting to add flavour to a traditional pasta dish. Or spread it on almost anything, whether this is on cracker as an evening snack or on a toasted crumpled topped with prawns.
HOW DO WE MAKE NO.8?
We harvest the salami, remove its natural casing and then pass the fully aged product through a fine grinding plate, finally we mix through the fresh spices to complete the process.
Tempus No.8 is truly like no other product on the market. Its identity is its own.